There is an old story that thousands of years ago, the Empress of China used rollers made of jade to maintain her youthful appearance and luster. Considered a symbol of beauty, grace, and longevity, this semi-precious stone has long been revered in the East for its mystical powers.
In the past few years, jade roller has emerged as an important tool in skincare. Many beauty gurus are seen using it and encouraging people to make this a part of their daily skincare routine. People are becoming aware of its effects and adding this tool to their vanity.
Seeing the recent popularity of jade rollers, one becomes intrigued into buying them. The question arises into the mind that whether should I buy this product or not? Is it worth my money and the hype?
BENEFITS OF USING A JADE ROLLER:
Reduces puffiness on the face:
We notice puffiness on the face, mostly when we wake up in the morning, or during our periods due to hormonal disturbances our body is going through. Intake of foods with high sodium levels or consuming lots of fluid also leads to puffiness in the face.
And this puffiness can be reduced using jade rollers. It reduces the puffiness of the face by restoring the lymphatic system. The lymphatic system helps our body get rid of toxins and waste fluids. Rollers massage your face and push the fluids and toxins to lymph nodes to be drained out of your body, Which results in a less puffed face.
‘I usually wake up with a swollen face in the mornings, I use my roller to reduce puffiness on my face and under my eyes. I can see visible results on my face such as reduced puffiness and decreased facial tension. Skin feels more youthful after using it’, Rennie said.
Glowing skin and anti-aging:
Using a jade roller increases blood circulation and makes your face look healthy, bright, and tight. The constant rolling over the face helps to increase blood circulation, which delivers vital nutrients and oxygen for the skin- this helps to maintain the function of the skin. Your face will feel cool, the skin will glow, pores will tighten and it will make you feel better.
The trace elements in jade help the skin to maintain vitality, thus achieving the effect of wrinkle elimination and anti-aging, slimming face beauty.
Haley in Houston said, ‘Put your jade roller on your nightstand and use it while you are watching Netflix. I have turned 35 recently and this is the age where I can see some fine lines on my face. Using jade roller is helping me reduce those fine lines. I have seen a big difference in my skin since I have added this to my routine. I use it in conjunction with the moisturizer, It helps me refresh and tone my skin’.
Increases the absorption of skincare products:
To get the best results from your skin serums, oils, or moisturizers, you should apply them on the face and then use jade roller to spread it all over your skin. It increases the absorption of the product so, when you lie on the bed after applying your night skincare products, it will not be rubbed on your pillow covers.
‘Love this tool, it is travel friendly. I love to put on a sheet mask on my face and under my eyes, and then use the roller to help increase the absorption of serums. It feels rough when used as it is but is smooth on the face when used after applying a serum. Jadestone gives a cooling sensation to my skin, It rejuvenates my skin!’, Omri Ran said.
The specific rolling of the jade roller helps to enhance the natural contour and structure of the facial features and muscles. The face looks more structured and lifted. This keeps the skin youthful and toned.
Regular use of a jade roller can have skin-deep benefits. As long as you disinfect your roller, you can be sure that it won’t transmit any bacteria. It is also important not to rub the stone too vigorously as it can cause skin irritation. You can consider keeping your jade roller in the fridge for a cooling effect. Using the jade roller straight from the fridge can also have skin tightening benefits. You can also use this with or without serum or oil.
How to use jade roller properly for massaging?
Can be used at any part of the day but works best to reduce puffiness of the face in the morning!
- For a cooling effect, the roller should be put in the refrigerator before using it. The cool temperature of the stone will relax your muscles and make your skin look healthier.
- Wash and dry your face.
- Apply a serum, oil, or moisturizer from your skincare routine on your face and neck.
- Neck: Use the side with a larger stone on the neck. Move the roller in an upward direction from your clavicle to the jawline. It’s better to move it only up rather than rolling back and forth.
- Cheeks and Jawline: On your cheeks and jawline, move the roller from the center of the face towards the ear. As lymphatic nodes are present on the sides of the face, the roller will help take the fluids and toxins towards that.
- Always roll it smoothly. Don’t be harsh.
- Forehead: On your forehead, move the roller in the upward direction from the brow line to the hairline. Above the eyebrows roll towards the temples of the face.
- The side of the jade roller with the smaller stone is used under the eyes, on the nose, and chin.
- Nose: Move the smaller stone of the roller in a downward direction on the nose.
- Eyes: The skin of the under eyes is a bit sensitive and thin, so roll the small side of the roller very gently. Move the stone from the corner of the eyes to the ears.
- Chin: Move the roller in a downward direction on your chin.
So, Does It Work?
We can say there are a lot of benefits of jade roller reported by different users and companies selling the product. Also, there are few to no disadvantages or harms to using jade rollers.
You should try jade rollers and make them a part of your skincare routine. If you don’t notice a visible difference in your skin immediately, there will be long-term benefits.
If it increases the efficiency of your skincare products or helps you lift your mood, there is no harm in using one.
Look out for this:
- While buying your roller, check the quality of your stone. Make sure that it isn’t made of plastic or is porous because that can irritate your skin, cause allergies or acne.
- Always check after buying for any cracked part, as it can cause an injury to the face.
- Do not be harsh on your skin; make small, gentle strokes while rolling on your skin.
- Do not overuse it; make 15 to 20 strokes on each area for a minute or less.
- Make sure to wash and clean it often, almost after every use if possible. Do not place it on a dirty area, it will let the bacteria grow and eventually lead to skin irritation.
- If you have very acne-prone skin or already have any kind of allergies, do consult your dermatologist before using it.